Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Being sick with toddlers is like, being sick with toddlers!

So, I have been sick since March 14th. Yes, that means I'm going on 10 days of fever, vomiting, migraines, coughing, running nose, no voice for 6-7 days, body aches, and all the fun that comes with having the flu. Then take into account having a 3 and 4-year-old who have the energy of the damn energizer bunny times 10. Daddy works full time and usually gets home after 8 and leaves around 9 or 10! So, for you mathematical geniuses, that's about 100 hours a day of mini-me-madness! These poor kids are going stir-crazy, have an extreme case of cabin fever, and all they want and continuously (and by continuously, I mean every 5 minutes) ask is "when is daddy coming home"? Oh my sweet little Rugrats, he'll be home in about 89 hours! Good thing they don't have much concept of time, but, well, I do!
My husband never takes time off, never! He works while he is sick, family emergencies, all day everyday! He is the most dedicated and selfless employee a company could ever ask for. Even when he isn't "working", he is still working. Well, I have been down and out for the past week-and-a-half, and one night he came home and woke me from my evening slumber with the kids. He whispered in my ear "I am not working tomorrow, I am staying home and taking care of you!" This was obviously a dream, because he doesn't take days off-especially on a Saturday! A few hours later, I clambered out of bed and he was downstairs with the kids. They had all eaten, bathed, and we're ready for bed. This dream was turning into a fantasy! There is no way that these over energized, half crazed beasts could be calm, clean, and bellies satisfied. Where is my family and what have you done with them?!?!?!
My husband then told me that dinner was in the oven if I was up to eating. The thought angered my tummy and screamed through my head, "I'm good" I murmured. I looked around and the house was spotless, and he had made me a nice little bed on the couch to lay down and relax, (he even had dvr'd my favorite shows) and turned over the remote and let me watch my trash tv. "Did you hear me say that I'm taking tomorrow off to take care of you"? My mouth dropped and thinking to myself, that wasn't a dream?!? He smiled and kissed me on the forehead and told me that we need to get me feeling well again.
Over the next 3 days (he had Sunday and Monday off), and 10-12 packs of fudge-cicles, he babied me, cooked, cleaned, fed me, and so on. He took the boys out most of the day and just let me relax and sleep. I should get sick more often..πŸ˜‰ After a day at the park, my youngest came up to me and said he wanted to take a bath, then he proceeded to climb into my lap and lay his head on my chest❤️. "Mommy" he said "you need to take a bath"! So much for the sweet moment I guess. Ok, ok, ok, I get it! I've been sick for eternity and my body is smelling nothing short of a sewer.
So, today, my husband headed back to work and I feel like I'm on the road to recovery. 84 hours of sleep in a little under 4 days time may have been just what the dr ordered. If it weren't for my saving grace of a husband, who knows how long this bug would have lasted?
But, now I must go. I can hear the kids screaming outside, the hose is on, it's March, it's sunny and cold, and now they are probably going to get sick! Please don't let this be a repeat of the last 10 days!
Until next time!
Xoxo
Afterthought: Last night I was starting to feel a bit better, so I decided to go upstairs and take a nice hot bath (I even shaved my legs). After multiple interruptions and some games of peek-a-boo, a couple questions on why my bubbies are big? (the oldest one was my interrupting, questioning, commentator), and all the other things a 4-year-old must know at 8pm, my husband finally got him to bed. I finished in what seemed to be record time. I lotioned up, put on some fresh panties, a cute (un matching) bra, and a black silk robe-which, of course, was a tad more snug and shorter than I remembered. I tied it at the waist, with some belt-thingy that went to a dress and was navy blue. In short, I was a hot, mismatched mess. I walked down the stairs and in a very sexy strut, (well, sexy may not be the best choice of words😁) went up to my husband and dropped the shoulder of the robe off to show my bra. While doing this, I winked at him, and he asked if there was something in my eye? Then he looked down and started laughing-thankfully at his joke!
We finally had a few minutes of down-time and I was ready to get it on, and without much persistance, he was panting and ready! Now you see, with toddlers, you never know how much time you have, so you have to be ready to go...and stop at any given time. Lucky for us, the stars were all aligned, the moon wasn't full, it wasn't Friday the 13th, so we were able to finish with a bang!!!πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰
The next day, after a full day of work (on both of our parts), I was able to get both boys down to bed and get some housework done. I was in the bathroom scrubbing the floors, and I hear my husband walking up the stairs, and before I could get up to greet him, he was standing in the doorway. He looked down at me and said "seeing you like this might turn me on even more than seeing you last night"!
Lucky for him, I was in a good mood. We both laughed and with dirty toilet hands, I went up and kissed him and said "wanna get down and dirty"?
I love this man and the relationship that we have. Flaws and all, I know he loves me so much-poopy hands and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment